Thursday, June 27, 2013

Sorry ladies...

A few days after my last post my job was eliminated at Michaels, which I'm sure that those of you that know me understand what a bitter taste that left in my mouth.  I felt that I should keep my thoughts on Michaels to myself on my blog for a few months.  Almost six months have since passed and while being royally screwed by Michaels is still painful in some regards, I am happier now then when I worked for them by far.

I am now with Hobby Lobby.  There is no more stress from work on my life.  You see, Hobby Lobby understands what customer service means and how to make sure that their customers receive it on each and every visit to their store.  There are always enough staff on hand to give excellent customer service.  They stick by their store policies as well.  How refreshing!  You always know that you will receive the same treatment and store policies as everyone else.  Hobby Lobby is a fabulous place to work and shop!

After just a few short months at Hobby Lobby, I have been promoted to Customer Service Manager.  Needless to say, I am thrilled with the promotion!  While I will not be teaching classes at Hobby Lobby, I am looking into other, shall we say, technologically advanced methods of teaching.

I do have an Etsy shop and will be posting my listings on this blog as well.  I hope you will follow me to see what's going on and stay in touch.  It's wonderful to be in a stress free environment and let my creative juices flow....

No comments:

Post a Comment